Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Dallas Is The Worst Outdoor City In America, Outside Magazine Declares
- Texas Students Choose Career Paths In The Eighth Grade, And That's Creating Anxiety
- 15 Amazing Things You Should Know About Texas Bluebonnets
- We’re Not Joking: Fort Worth Is The Country's Least Funny City
- Hot, Hot, Hot: In Dallas And Fort Worth, One In 10 Homes Sells Within Just 72 Hours
Tue February 5, 2013
A LOOK BACK: 'Erasing The Stigma' Mental Illness Forum
Why is there still such a stigma related to mental illness? How can the community work together to better identify and help young adults struggling with it?
That's the topic of the public forum "Erasing The Stigma: Mental Illness and the Search for Solutions."
Take a look back at our live blog. Audio will be available on KERA News soon; look for video later in the week. And KERA-Channel 13 will air an edited version of the forum on Feb. 20 at 7 p.m.
Moderator Lee Cullum of KERA lead a discussion, called "Erasing the Stigma: Mental Illness and the Search for Solutions," with Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings and a panel of distinguished leaders and thinkers.
The event was sponsored by KERA and The Dallas Morning News. The forum will air Feb. 20 on KERA-Channel 13.
Join the conversation via Twitter using the hashtag #erasingthestigma.