Most Active Stories
- Motorola Chooses Fort Worth For New U.S.-Made Phone
- AP: Top Obama Officials Use Secret Email Accounts
- TAB Wants Perry To Veto Bill That Reduced Number of Year End Tests
- Tornado Safe Room Rebate Program Expected To Draw Slew Of Online Applications
- North Texas Nurses Gain New Freedom To Treat Patients
Tue February 5, 2013
A LOOK BACK: 'Erasing The Stigma' Mental Illness Forum
Why is there still such a stigma related to mental illness? How can the community work together to better identify and help young adults struggling with it?
That's the topic of the public forum "Erasing The Stigma: Mental Illness and the Search for Solutions."
Take a look back at our live blog. Audio will be available on KERA News soon; look for video later in the week. And KERA-Channel 13 will air an edited version of the forum on Feb. 20 at 7 p.m.
Moderator Lee Cullum of KERA lead a discussion, called "Erasing the Stigma: Mental Illness and the Search for Solutions," with Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings and a panel of distinguished leaders and thinkers.
The event was sponsored by KERA and The Dallas Morning News. The forum will air Feb. 20 on KERA-Channel 13.
Join the conversation via Twitter using the hashtag #erasingthestigma.