Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here Are 39 Things You Should Do In Texas Before You Die
- Five Guys Get Stuck In A Truck On An Icy Highway
- It's Patrick Vs. Dewhurst In Lt. Gov. Runoff; Huffines Knocks Carona Out Of State Senate
- What Does The Fox Say? Meet Two Foxes Hanging Out By The KERA Studios
- Greg Abbott Faces Law School Friend As Plaintiff In Same-Sex Marriage Suit
Tue February 5, 2013
A LOOK BACK: 'Erasing The Stigma' Mental Illness Forum
Why is there still such a stigma related to mental illness? How can the community work together to better identify and help young adults struggling with it?
That's the topic of the public forum "Erasing The Stigma: Mental Illness and the Search for Solutions."
Take a look back at our live blog. Audio will be available on KERA News soon; look for video later in the week. And KERA-Channel 13 will air an edited version of the forum on Feb. 20 at 7 p.m.
Moderator Lee Cullum of KERA lead a discussion, called "Erasing the Stigma: Mental Illness and the Search for Solutions," with Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings and a panel of distinguished leaders and thinkers.
The event was sponsored by KERA and The Dallas Morning News. The forum will air Feb. 20 on KERA-Channel 13.
Join the conversation via Twitter using the hashtag #erasingthestigma.