Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 'Moguls For Cars:' What’s This Cobblestone Ice That’s Covering North Texas Roads?
- More Earthquakes Keep Jolting North Texas -- Quakes Recorded Sunday, Monday Morning
- American Community Survey Shows Wide Income Disparity Across North Texas
- Whatever Happened To Marina Oswald?
- Radio Star Kidd Kraddick Had Lymphoma, But Didn't Tell Family And Friends
Mon May 7, 2012
KERA News Special: Texas At Risk For Corruption
Texas ranks in the bottom half of all states for being vulnerable to corruption. That’s one of the findings of the extensive State Integrity Investigation that was recently released. It gave Texas a grade of D+.
During a live, hour-long call-in program KERA’s Shelley Kofler took a closer look at several areas in which Texas scored poorly: access to public information, campaign financing and conflicts of interest.
Joining in the discussion were Dallas Attorney Paul Watler, a founding member of the Freedom of Information Foundation of Texas, and Craig McDonald, director of Texans for Public Justice.