Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here Are 39 Things You Should Do In Texas Before You Die
- Five Guys Get Stuck In A Truck On An Icy Highway
- It's Patrick Vs. Dewhurst In Lt. Gov. Runoff; Huffines Knocks Carona Out Of State Senate
- Greg Abbott Faces Law School Friend As Plaintiff In Same-Sex Marriage Suit
- Videos: Look Back At Gloria Campos' 30-Year Career At WFAA-TV
Tue January 29, 2013
Grand Prairie Teacher Turns Herself In For Fatal Hit and Run
A Grand Prairie middle school teacher has turned herself in after a hit and run last week that killed a six year old boy.
Police say 53 year old Tammy Lowe, a history teacher at Adams Middle School, ran a red light and hit six year old John Raidy as he crossed the street just ahead of his mother, pushing his sister in a stroller.
Investigators say the light had been red 14 seconds when Lowe barreled through the intersection.
She has been booked into the Grand Prairie Jail.