Most Active Stories
- Motorola Chooses Fort Worth For New U.S.-Made Phone
- AP: Top Obama Officials Use Secret Email Accounts
- TAB Wants Perry To Veto Bill That Reduced Number of Year End Tests
- Tornado Safe Room Rebate Program Expected To Draw Slew Of Online Applications
- North Texas Nurses Gain New Freedom To Treat Patients
Tue January 29, 2013
Grand Prairie Teacher Turns Herself In For Fatal Hit and Run
A Grand Prairie middle school teacher has turned herself in after a hit and run last week that killed a six year old boy.
Police say 53 year old Tammy Lowe, a history teacher at Adams Middle School, ran a red light and hit six year old John Raidy as he crossed the street just ahead of his mother, pushing his sister in a stroller.
Investigators say the light had been red 14 seconds when Lowe barreled through the intersection.
She has been booked into the Grand Prairie Jail.