Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Dallas Is The Worst Outdoor City In America, Outside Magazine Declares
- Texas Students Choose Career Paths In The Eighth Grade, And That's Creating Anxiety
- We’re Not Joking: Fort Worth Is The Country's Least Funny City
- 15 Amazing Things You Should Know About Texas Bluebonnets
- Hot, Hot, Hot: In Dallas And Fort Worth, One In 10 Homes Sells Within Just 72 Hours
Tue January 29, 2013
Grand Prairie Teacher Turns Herself In For Fatal Hit and Run
A Grand Prairie middle school teacher has turned herself in after a hit and run last week that killed a six year old boy.
Police say 53 year old Tammy Lowe, a history teacher at Adams Middle School, ran a red light and hit six year old John Raidy as he crossed the street just ahead of his mother, pushing his sister in a stroller.
Investigators say the light had been red 14 seconds when Lowe barreled through the intersection.
She has been booked into the Grand Prairie Jail.