Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- LIVE BLOG: Storm Cancels Dallas Marathon, Children's Parade, 700 D/FW Flights; 215,000 Lack Power
- Whatever Happened To Marina Oswald?
- Frequent Earthquakes In North Texas Rattle Azle Residents In Epicenter
- Meet Stormy, The Cute Puppy Rescued From A West Dallas Storm Drain
- Arlington's Pentatonix Produces A Holiday Gift: A Viral 'Drummer Boy' Video
Thu December 27, 2012
Fort Worth Representative Granger Worries Over Fiscal Cliff
Congressional members are back in Washington today. North Texas leaders, including Fort Worth Representative Kay Granger, worry about falling off the so-called fiscal cliff because many defense contractors are based in North Texas.
Without changes, Granger says defense will take a huge budget and employment hit.
" Not only would it be an enormous number of jobs nationwide – 1.2 million – but it also leaves us without the defense we need. That’s the most important thing. And I think what people miss is there have already been some cuts and they were very surgical cuts. We can’t afford these cuts," Granger said.
The Congresswoman spoke at a recent Bell Helicopter event. Lockheed is also a giant Tarrant County defense contractor.