Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Dallas Is The Worst Outdoor City In America, Outside Magazine Declares
- 15 Amazing Things You Should Know About Texas Bluebonnets
- West Dallas Is Now A Hot Spot, Thanks To Food, Glorious Food
- Hot, Hot, Hot: In Dallas And Fort Worth, One In 10 Homes Sells Within Just 72 Hours
- Night Owls (And Vampires) Rejoice: Watch The ‘Blood Moon,’ A Lunar Eclipse (Video)
Thu December 27, 2012
Fort Worth Representative Granger Worries Over Fiscal Cliff
Congressional members are back in Washington today. North Texas leaders, including Fort Worth Representative Kay Granger, worry about falling off the so-called fiscal cliff because many defense contractors are based in North Texas.
Without changes, Granger says defense will take a huge budget and employment hit.
" Not only would it be an enormous number of jobs nationwide – 1.2 million – but it also leaves us without the defense we need. That’s the most important thing. And I think what people miss is there have already been some cuts and they were very surgical cuts. We can’t afford these cuts," Granger said.
The Congresswoman spoke at a recent Bell Helicopter event. Lockheed is also a giant Tarrant County defense contractor.