Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- North Texas Is Freezing: Dallas, FW ISDs Closed Friday, Children's Parade Canceled
- Whatever Happened To Marina Oswald?
- Frequent Earthquakes In North Texas Rattle Azle Residents In Epicenter
- Meet Stormy, The Cute Puppy Rescued From A West Dallas Storm Drain
- Arlington's Pentatonix Produces A Holiday Gift: A Viral 'Drummer Boy' Video
Fri August 17, 2012
Fort Worth Breaks No-Spray Streak To Launch Ground Attack Tonight
The city of Fort Worth begins ground spraying for mosquitoes tonight – the first spraying in more than 20 years.
Trucks will be out between 10 p.m. and 4 a.m. both tomorrow and Sunday night.
They’ll be in parts of the 76104 and 76110 zip codes. That’s generally the hospital district south of I-30 and the nearby Fairmount neighborhood.
If there is a weather delay tonight, the three-in-a-row schedule will be pushed to Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
West Nile virus cases in Tarrant County increased 20% between Monday and yesterday. There are no plans for aerial spraying.
Visit the City of Fort Worth's West Nile Virus page for more information.