Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Dallas Is The Worst Outdoor City In America, Outside Magazine Declares
- 15 Amazing Things You Should Know About Texas Bluebonnets
- Hot, Hot, Hot: In Dallas And Fort Worth, One In 10 Homes Sells Within Just 72 Hours
- Night Owls (And Vampires) Rejoice: Watch The ‘Blood Moon,’ A Lunar Eclipse (Video)
- Cheers! Meet The Brewmasters Behind The North Texas Craft Beer Craze
Wed April 17, 2013
Former Kaufman Official's Wife Says He Killed DA, Assistant
The wife of former Justice of the Peace Eric Williams has confessed to a plot to kill the Kaufman County district attorney, his wife and his chief assistant, authorities said Wednesday. And Kim Williams told them her husband was the shooter.
Kim Williams, 46, was arrested early this morning and charged with capital murder.
The arrest affidavit says she admitted her part in the scheme to kill Assistant DA Mark Hasse in January and DA Mike McLelland and his wife Cynthia last month. Kim Williams provided investigators with details of the killings that have not been made public.
Hasse and McLelland had prosecuted Eric Williams after he was seen on video taking three computer monitors from the county. The two urged jail time, but Williams got probation. He lost his JP seat, his law license and health insurance. Both Eric and Kim Williams are reported to have chronic illnesses.
Kaufman County investigators will have more to say on the developments at a news conference Thursday afternoon.
Here's a copy of the affidavit: