Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- BLOG: Denton, Others Canceling Or Delaying Tuesday Classes; Roads Icy; Power Being Restored
- Whatever Happened To Marina Oswald?
- 11 Ways We're Turning The Nasty Ice Storm Into A Whimsical Winter Wonderland
- Frequent Earthquakes In North Texas Rattle Azle Residents In Epicenter
- What’s Causing Texas Earthquakes? SMU Study Explores Injection Wells From Drilling
Fri February 1, 2013
FBI Joins Investigation Into Prosecutor’s Murder
Kaufman County authorities say the FBI and numerous other agencies have joined the murder investigation of prosecutor Mark Hasse.
Authorities are looking for one or more suspects who gunned down Hasse Thursday morning as he walked from his car to the county courthouse.
The Texas Rangers, the Texas Department of Public Safety and neighboring county law enforcement are also assisting in the investigation and search for suspects.
Law enforcement officials say they plan to examine surveillance videos from area businesses and police vehicles for clues to the identity of the suspects.
They’re also looking into the possibility that the shooting was in retaliation for cases Hasse, 57, has prosecuted or investigated including Aryan Brotherhood cases.
The reward for information leading to a conviction has increased to more than $64,000 with money being donated by the Kaufman County Crime Stoppers and area businesses.
Officials are asking the public to contact local law enforcement agencies with any information that may help them catch Hasse’s killers.