Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Whatever Happened To Marina Oswald?
- Frequent Earthquakes In North Texas Rattle Azle Residents In Epicenter
- Meet Stormy, The Cute Puppy Rescued From A West Dallas Storm Drain
- Arlington's Pentatonix Produces A Holiday Gift: A Viral 'Drummer Boy' Video
- Texas Is Changing How It Evaluates Teachers. What Will That Look Like?
Tue May 8, 2012
Early Voting Turnout Sparse for Dallas County
Today is the last day of early voting for the city council and school board elections across the metroplex this weekend. In Dallas County, only 18,000 people have turned out to vote early. County Elections Administrator Toni Pippins-Poole said she expected more.
"Since most of the elections are for mayoral races throughout the cities, we thought it would generate more interest, but it doesn’t look as if it has," Pippins-Poole said.
The cities with the highest turnout: Coppell, Duncanville and Irving.
Early voting for Saturday’s election ends today at 7 p.m.
Election Day is Saturday, May 12. Find out where and how to vote using KERA's Elections 2012 Resources.