Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here Are 39 Things You Should Do In Texas Before You Die
- Five Guys Get Stuck In A Truck On An Icy Highway
- It's Patrick Vs. Dewhurst In Lt. Gov. Runoff; Huffines Knocks Carona Out Of State Senate
- What Does The Fox Say? Meet Two Foxes Hanging Out By The KERA Studios
- Greg Abbott Faces Law School Friend As Plaintiff In Same-Sex Marriage Suit
Tue May 8, 2012
Early Voting Turnout Sparse for Dallas County
Today is the last day of early voting for the city council and school board elections across the metroplex this weekend. In Dallas County, only 18,000 people have turned out to vote early. County Elections Administrator Toni Pippins-Poole said she expected more.
"Since most of the elections are for mayoral races throughout the cities, we thought it would generate more interest, but it doesn’t look as if it has," Pippins-Poole said.
The cities with the highest turnout: Coppell, Duncanville and Irving.
Early voting for Saturday’s election ends today at 7 p.m.
Election Day is Saturday, May 12. Find out where and how to vote using KERA's Elections 2012 Resources.