Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Dallas Is The Worst Outdoor City In America, Outside Magazine Declares
- 15 Amazing Things You Should Know About Texas Bluebonnets
- Hot, Hot, Hot: In Dallas And Fort Worth, One In 10 Homes Sells Within Just 72 Hours
- Night Owls (And Vampires) Rejoice: Watch The ‘Blood Moon,’ A Lunar Eclipse (Video)
- Dallas Baptist Student’s Viral Video Of ‘Let It Go’ Lands Him A Disney Audition
Tue July 10, 2012
Driver Involved In Tollway Crash Fired
The driver of the DART bus involved in a tollway crash last month has been fired.
The North Texas Tollway authority last week blamed the driver of the paratransit bus for the June 29th accident, citing his or her failure to slow with traffic.
The crash resulted in a five car pileup and tied up the southbound tollway for hours. Two people suffered non-life threatening injuries.
The driver was employed through Veolia Transportation. The company said in press release that there was no evidence of drug or phone use, and while the driver had a good safety record, that person is no longer in Veolia’s employment.
The company says an investigation is ongoing.