Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Video: Watch Nina Pham, First Nurse With Ebola, In Emotional Sendoff At Hospital
- A 64-Mile Bike 'Superhighway' Will Connect Fort Worth To Dallas
- Here Are 39 Things You Should Do In Texas Before You Die
- 2nd Patient Who Tested Positive For Ebola Is A 26-Year-Old Nurse
- Dallas County Tells 75 Presbyterian Workers To Stay Home
Tue July 10, 2012
Driver Involved In Tollway Crash Fired
The driver of the DART bus involved in a tollway crash last month has been fired.
The North Texas Tollway authority last week blamed the driver of the paratransit bus for the June 29th accident, citing his or her failure to slow with traffic.
The crash resulted in a five car pileup and tied up the southbound tollway for hours. Two people suffered non-life threatening injuries.
The driver was employed through Veolia Transportation. The company said in press release that there was no evidence of drug or phone use, and while the driver had a good safety record, that person is no longer in Veolia’s employment.
The company says an investigation is ongoing.