Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- John Wiley Price Arrested, Pleads Not Guilty To Bribery Charges
- Here Are 39 Things You Should Do In Texas Before You Die
- Catholic Bishops Respond To Perry's Plan To Send 1,000 Guard Troops To Border
- Texas Is One Of The Worst States For Kids, Survey Says
- Dallas Animal Shelter Overwhelmed With Cats And Dogs As Owners Return Their Pets
Tue July 10, 2012
Driver Involved In Tollway Crash Fired
The driver of the DART bus involved in a tollway crash last month has been fired.
The North Texas Tollway authority last week blamed the driver of the paratransit bus for the June 29th accident, citing his or her failure to slow with traffic.
The crash resulted in a five car pileup and tied up the southbound tollway for hours. Two people suffered non-life threatening injuries.
The driver was employed through Veolia Transportation. The company said in press release that there was no evidence of drug or phone use, and while the driver had a good safety record, that person is no longer in Veolia’s employment.
The company says an investigation is ongoing.