Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here Are 39 Things You Should Do In Texas Before You Die
- Five Guys Get Stuck In A Truck On An Icy Highway
- It's Patrick Vs. Dewhurst In Lt. Gov. Runoff; Huffines Knocks Carona Out Of State Senate
- What Does The Fox Say? Meet Two Foxes Hanging Out By The KERA Studios
- Greg Abbott Faces Law School Friend As Plaintiff In Same-Sex Marriage Suit
Tue July 10, 2012
Driver Involved In Tollway Crash Fired
The driver of the DART bus involved in a tollway crash last month has been fired.
The North Texas Tollway authority last week blamed the driver of the paratransit bus for the June 29th accident, citing his or her failure to slow with traffic.
The crash resulted in a five car pileup and tied up the southbound tollway for hours. Two people suffered non-life threatening injuries.
The driver was employed through Veolia Transportation. The company said in press release that there was no evidence of drug or phone use, and while the driver had a good safety record, that person is no longer in Veolia’s employment.
The company says an investigation is ongoing.