Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Dallas Is The Worst Outdoor City In America, Outside Magazine Declares
- 15 Amazing Things You Should Know About Texas Bluebonnets
- Hot, Hot, Hot: In Dallas And Fort Worth, One In 10 Homes Sells Within Just 72 Hours
- Night Owls (And Vampires) Rejoice: Watch The ‘Blood Moon,’ A Lunar Eclipse (Video)
- Cheers! Meet The Brewmasters Behind The North Texas Craft Beer Craze
Tue October 22, 2013
Denton Wants Restraining Order Against Natural Gas Driller
The city of Denton is seeking a restraining order against a driller, alleging the company is working on two natural gas wells without the city’s permission.
The Texas Tribune reports that a complaint was filed Friday in the Denton County District Court. Denton says the Dallas-based EagleRidge Energy ignored the city's demands to stop working on wells about 5 miles southwest of downtown. The city never permitted the development, the complaint says, and the wells lie too close to housing development, violating city rules.
“Defendants’ actions are being performed in flagrant disregard of the city’s right and duty to enforce its codes and ordinances,” the complaint says. “Without the intervention of this court, defendants are likely to continue such illegal operations.”
Representatives from EagleRidge and Denton declined to comment to the Tribune. A hearing is set for Oct. 30.
Photo credit: Daniel Foster/danielfoster437/Flickr