Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Dallas Is The Worst Outdoor City In America, Outside Magazine Declares
- 15 Amazing Things You Should Know About Texas Bluebonnets
- Hot, Hot, Hot: In Dallas And Fort Worth, One In 10 Homes Sells Within Just 72 Hours
- Night Owls (And Vampires) Rejoice: Watch The ‘Blood Moon,’ A Lunar Eclipse (Video)
- Cheers! Meet The Brewmasters Behind The North Texas Craft Beer Craze
Wed April 18, 2012
DART Unveils New Compressed Natural Gas Bus
DART gave Dallas City Council members a sneak peek at the new compressed natural gas bus that will roll out in October.
DART is changing its entire fleet to natural gas and has 459 of the 40-foot-long buses on order.
The conversion will take a couple years. DART says it has locked in a good price for CNG for the next 10 years, and the cleaner-fuel buses will go a long way toward improving North Texas air quality.
The new buses are high tech, too. Each will be equipped with nine on-board cameras for enhanced security. Two large screens will display real time schedule information. Each bus costs more than $300,000.