Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Dallas Is The Worst Outdoor City In America, Outside Magazine Declares
- 15 Amazing Things You Should Know About Texas Bluebonnets
- West Dallas Is Now A Hot Spot, Thanks To Food, Glorious Food
- Hot, Hot, Hot: In Dallas And Fort Worth, One In 10 Homes Sells Within Just 72 Hours
- Night Owls (And Vampires) Rejoice: Watch The ‘Blood Moon,’ A Lunar Eclipse (Video)
Thu September 19, 2013
Dallas Teachers Group Says DISD Superintendent Mike Miles Should Be Fired
Dallas’ Alliance-AFT teachers association is holding a press conference this morning to demand that embattled DISD superintendent Mike Miles be fired.
Dallas school trustees are meeting tonight to discuss a report that found that Miles twice violated district policy by trying to interfere with an investigation into how he handled a contract. The investigation looked into allegations that Miles interfered with bids to hire a school district contractor.
The report says each violation by Miles, under the terms of his contract, constitute “good cause” for dismissal.
The report also concluded that Miles helped write a departing administrator’s resignation letter which disparaged board members.