Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Whatever Happened To Marina Oswald?
- Frequent Earthquakes In North Texas Rattle Azle Residents In Epicenter
- Meet Stormy, The Cute Puppy Rescued From A West Dallas Storm Drain
- Arlington's Pentatonix Produces A Holiday Gift: A Viral 'Drummer Boy' Video
- Texas Is Changing How It Evaluates Teachers. What Will That Look Like?
Thu September 19, 2013
Dallas Teachers Group Says DISD Superintendent Mike Miles Should Be Fired
Dallas’ Alliance-AFT teachers association is holding a press conference this morning to demand that embattled DISD superintendent Mike Miles be fired.
Dallas school trustees are meeting tonight to discuss a report that found that Miles twice violated district policy by trying to interfere with an investigation into how he handled a contract. The investigation looked into allegations that Miles interfered with bids to hire a school district contractor.
The report says each violation by Miles, under the terms of his contract, constitute “good cause” for dismissal.
The report also concluded that Miles helped write a departing administrator’s resignation letter which disparaged board members.