Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here Are 39 Things You Should Do In Texas Before You Die
- Five Guys Get Stuck In A Truck On An Icy Highway
- It's Patrick Vs. Dewhurst In Lt. Gov. Runoff; Huffines Knocks Carona Out Of State Senate
- What Does The Fox Say? Meet Two Foxes Hanging Out By The KERA Studios
- Greg Abbott Faces Law School Friend As Plaintiff In Same-Sex Marriage Suit
Thu September 19, 2013
Dallas Teachers Group Says DISD Superintendent Mike Miles Should Be Fired
Dallas’ Alliance-AFT teachers association is holding a press conference this morning to demand that embattled DISD superintendent Mike Miles be fired.
Dallas school trustees are meeting tonight to discuss a report that found that Miles twice violated district policy by trying to interfere with an investigation into how he handled a contract. The investigation looked into allegations that Miles interfered with bids to hire a school district contractor.
The report says each violation by Miles, under the terms of his contract, constitute “good cause” for dismissal.
The report also concluded that Miles helped write a departing administrator’s resignation letter which disparaged board members.