Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Dallas Is The Worst Outdoor City In America, Outside Magazine Declares
- 15 Amazing Things You Should Know About Texas Bluebonnets
- Hot, Hot, Hot: In Dallas And Fort Worth, One In 10 Homes Sells Within Just 72 Hours
- Night Owls (And Vampires) Rejoice: Watch The ‘Blood Moon,’ A Lunar Eclipse (Video)
- Dallas Baptist Student’s Viral Video Of ‘Let It Go’ Lands Him A Disney Audition
Thu February 7, 2013
Dallas State Senator Says ‘Whoa’ On Gas Drilling Compressor Site
Republican Senator John Corona is asking Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings to withdraw his support for a large natural gas compressor site off Luna Road, next to the city’s new Elm Fork Soccer Fields.
The Dallas City Plan Commission, this afternoon, will hear from drilling opponents and industry officials as it reconsiders drilling permit requests from Trinity East Energy.
Last month, Plan Commissioners rejected the drilling permits, but a week later voted to take another vote after a tour of the proposed refinery and compressor station. Today’s meeting is a public hearing. The controversial second vote comes later.
The Dallas City Council will ultimately decide if the city’s first natural gas wells will be drilled.