Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Dallas Is The Worst Outdoor City In America, Outside Magazine Declares
- Texas Students Choose Career Paths In The Eighth Grade, And That's Creating Anxiety
- We’re Not Joking: Fort Worth Is The Country's Least Funny City
- Hot, Hot, Hot: In Dallas And Fort Worth, One In 10 Homes Sells Within Just 72 Hours
- Cheers! Meet The Brewmasters Behind The North Texas Craft Beer Craze
Thu February 7, 2013
Dallas State Senator Says ‘Whoa’ On Gas Drilling Compressor Site
Republican Senator John Corona is asking Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings to withdraw his support for a large natural gas compressor site off Luna Road, next to the city’s new Elm Fork Soccer Fields.
The Dallas City Plan Commission, this afternoon, will hear from drilling opponents and industry officials as it reconsiders drilling permit requests from Trinity East Energy.
Last month, Plan Commissioners rejected the drilling permits, but a week later voted to take another vote after a tour of the proposed refinery and compressor station. Today’s meeting is a public hearing. The controversial second vote comes later.
The Dallas City Council will ultimately decide if the city’s first natural gas wells will be drilled.