Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- BLOG: Many School Districts Closed Again Today; Roads Still Icy; Power Outages Dwindling
- Whatever Happened To Marina Oswald?
- Frequent Earthquakes In North Texas Rattle Azle Residents In Epicenter
- What’s Causing Texas Earthquakes? SMU Study Explores Injection Wells From Drilling
- 11 Ways We're Turning The Nasty Ice Storm Into A Whimsical Winter Wonderland
Thu February 7, 2013
Dallas State Senator Says ‘Whoa’ On Gas Drilling Compressor Site
Republican Senator John Corona is asking Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings to withdraw his support for a large natural gas compressor site off Luna Road, next to the city’s new Elm Fork Soccer Fields.
The Dallas City Plan Commission, this afternoon, will hear from drilling opponents and industry officials as it reconsiders drilling permit requests from Trinity East Energy.
Last month, Plan Commissioners rejected the drilling permits, but a week later voted to take another vote after a tour of the proposed refinery and compressor station. Today’s meeting is a public hearing. The controversial second vote comes later.
The Dallas City Council will ultimately decide if the city’s first natural gas wells will be drilled.