Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here Are 39 Things You Should Do In Texas Before You Die
- Five Guys Get Stuck In A Truck On An Icy Highway
- It's Patrick Vs. Dewhurst In Lt. Gov. Runoff; Huffines Knocks Carona Out Of State Senate
- What Does The Fox Say? Meet Two Foxes Hanging Out By The KERA Studios
- Greg Abbott Faces Law School Friend As Plaintiff In Same-Sex Marriage Suit
Thu October 31, 2013
Dallas School Board Candidate Drops Her Suit Against Opponent
Dallas District 8 school board candidate Kristi Lara has dropped her lawsuit against opponent Miguel Solis.
Last week, Lara went to court alleging Solis didn’t’ meet residency requirements. She said he hadn’t lived six full months in the district, as required by law. Solis denied the charge and asked that the case be dismissed. It wasn’t, but an appeals court scheduled the case until after the election.
As a result, Lara’s attorney today filed papers that basically said the case is now moot, and the suit dropped.