Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Dallas Is The Worst Outdoor City In America, Outside Magazine Declares
- 15 Amazing Things You Should Know About Texas Bluebonnets
- Hot, Hot, Hot: In Dallas And Fort Worth, One In 10 Homes Sells Within Just 72 Hours
- Night Owls (And Vampires) Rejoice: Watch The ‘Blood Moon,’ A Lunar Eclipse (Video)
- Dallas Baptist Student’s Viral Video Of ‘Let It Go’ Lands Him A Disney Audition
Thu October 31, 2013
Dallas School Board Candidate Drops Her Suit Against Opponent
Dallas District 8 school board candidate Kristi Lara has dropped her lawsuit against opponent Miguel Solis.
Last week, Lara went to court alleging Solis didn’t’ meet residency requirements. She said he hadn’t lived six full months in the district, as required by law. Solis denied the charge and asked that the case be dismissed. It wasn’t, but an appeals court scheduled the case until after the election.
As a result, Lara’s attorney today filed papers that basically said the case is now moot, and the suit dropped.