Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- BLOG: Many Districts Canceling School Again Monday Due To Icy Roads; 40,000 Still Without Power
- Whatever Happened To Marina Oswald?
- Frequent Earthquakes In North Texas Rattle Azle Residents In Epicenter
- What’s Causing Texas Earthquakes? SMU Study Explores Injection Wells From Drilling
- Arlington's Pentatonix Produces A Holiday Gift: A Viral 'Drummer Boy' Video
Thu October 31, 2013
Dallas School Board Candidate Drops Her Suit Against Opponent
Dallas District 8 school board candidate Kristi Lara has dropped her lawsuit against opponent Miguel Solis.
Last week, Lara went to court alleging Solis didn’t’ meet residency requirements. She said he hadn’t lived six full months in the district, as required by law. Solis denied the charge and asked that the case be dismissed. It wasn’t, but an appeals court scheduled the case until after the election.
As a result, Lara’s attorney today filed papers that basically said the case is now moot, and the suit dropped.