Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Dallas Is The Worst Outdoor City In America, Outside Magazine Declares
- 15 Amazing Things You Should Know About Texas Bluebonnets
- Hot, Hot, Hot: In Dallas And Fort Worth, One In 10 Homes Sells Within Just 72 Hours
- Night Owls (And Vampires) Rejoice: Watch The ‘Blood Moon,’ A Lunar Eclipse (Video)
- Dallas Baptist Student’s Viral Video Of ‘Let It Go’ Lands Him A Disney Audition
Arts & Culture
Tue November 5, 2013
Dallas Museum Of Art Gets $9 Million Gift
The Dallas Museum of Art has announced an anonymous $9 million gift.
The donation, over three years, will ensure free general admission to the museum and allow it to publish its collection online, museum officials announced in a news release.
The donation will provide $4 million in general operating support for free general admission. And $5 million will complete the digitization of the museum’s permanent collection, including the creation of educational content to support free online experiences with art. The gift includes resources to measure the educational impact of the project.
KERA's Jerome Weeks has more at Art&Seek.