Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Dallas Is The Worst Outdoor City In America, Outside Magazine Declares
- Texas Students Choose Career Paths In The Eighth Grade, And That's Creating Anxiety
- We’re Not Joking: Fort Worth Is The Country's Least Funny City
- 15 Amazing Things You Should Know About Texas Bluebonnets
- Hot, Hot, Hot: In Dallas And Fort Worth, One In 10 Homes Sells Within Just 72 Hours
Wed April 18, 2012
Dallas First Area City to Make Water Restrictions Permanent
Twice-a-week watering is now a permanent part of lawn and landscape care in Dallas.
The Dallas City Council became the first in North Texas to make the sprinkler system restrictions permanent. The mayors of Dallas, Fort Worth, Arlington, and Irving are asking cities across North Texas to adopt the water conservation measure.
Two Dallas Council members voted against it. Ann Margolin and Sandy Greyson say the restriction is heavy handed and that twice-a-week watering could harm landscaping businesses and homeowners' lawns.