Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- It's Sleeting, It's Freezing: Roads Are Slick And Schools Are Closed Across North Texas
- Whatever Happened To Marina Oswald?
- Frequent Earthquakes In North Texas Rattle Azle Residents In Epicenter
- Meet Stormy, The Cute Puppy Rescued From A West Dallas Storm Drain
- Arlington's Pentatonix Produces A Holiday Gift: A Viral 'Drummer Boy' Video
Thu November 1, 2012
Cruz Backed By Cornyn & Hutchison In Dallas
Republican senate hopeful Ted Cruz campaigned today in north Dallas with both of the state’s Republican U.S. Senators.
It was a last minute push to secure early votes. Cruz repeated the same message he successfully pitched in the primaries, and he never mentioned his current opponent, Democrat Paul Sadler.
"Come out and vote and come out and stand for new leadership to turn around the failed policies of the Obama Administration. We need to unleash small businesses and unleash entrepreneurs to get our economy going again," Cruz said.
U.S. Senators John Cornyn and Kay Bailey Hutchison said this is not the usual race. It is more important because the economy is in such bad shape.
Senator Cornyn then found something everybody can agree on. "I have found in my political experience one irrefutable law of political nature. The candidate who gets the most votes, wins."
The small, laughing crowd understood Cornyn was urging early voting, which ends Friday. Election days is next Tuesday, Novermber 6, 2012.