Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Whatever Happened To Marina Oswald?
- Frequent Earthquakes In North Texas Rattle Azle Residents In Epicenter
- Meet Stormy, The Cute Puppy Rescued From A West Dallas Storm Drain
- Arlington's Pentatonix Produces A Holiday Gift: A Viral 'Drummer Boy' Video
- Texas Is Changing How It Evaluates Teachers. What Will That Look Like?
Thu August 9, 2012
City Unveils 20-Year Plan for Growth
The Denton City Council and the city’s planning department are inviting citizens to learn about the Denton Plan 2030 at an open house tonight.
Leaders say they want citizens to help shape the plan, which deals with transportation issues, land use, community facilities and natural resources. The plan was originally adopted in 1999. Denton is now the 7th fastest growing city in the nation, and city planners recommend changes to accommodate more residents.
Citizens can preview at the Center for the Visual Arts starting at 6:30 p.m. Participants can vote on a logo for the initiative and find out how to get more involved in decision making about development.