Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- After Parents Complain, Highland Park ISD Suspends Seven Books From Classrooms
- McKinney Is The Best Place To Live In America, Money Magazine Says
- Here Are 39 Things You Should Do In Texas Before You Die
- Author Garth Stein On Highland Park Book Suspension: 'It's Baffling'
- Whatever Happened To Marina Oswald?
Wed July 17, 2013
Children's Medical Center #1 In Orthopedics, Other DFW Hospitals Nationally Ranked
U.S. News & World Report has released its annual hospital rankings, and several North Texas systems can boast nationally recognized specialties. But Children’s Medical Center in Dallas has something special to brag about, a number one ranking in pediatric orthopedics.
Four DFW hospital systems are nationally ranked. Children’s medical center in 10 specialties, Baylor University Medical Center in seven, Cook Children’s Medical Center in Fort Worth has five nationally ranked specialties and UT Southwestern has four.
The top three specialties for each hospital are listed below. Click here to search the full list.
Children’s Medical Center
- #1 in pediatric orthopedics
- #14 in pediatric nephrology
- #16 in pediatric gastroenterology and GI surgery
Baylor University Medical Center
- #16 in gastroenterology and GI Surgery
- #18 in nephrology
- #22 in pulmonology
Cook Children’s Medical Center
- #24 in pediatric neonatology
- #30 in pediatric nephrology
- #31 in pediatric diabetes and endocrinology
- #18 in neurology and neurosurgery
- #21 in urology
- #29 in gynecology