Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- ICE BLOG: Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge Reopens; Denton ISD To Reopen Thursday; Highs In The 50s Friday!
- 'Moguls For Cars:' What’s This Cobblestone Ice That’s Covering North Texas Roads?
- 11 Ways We're Turning The Nasty Ice Storm Into A Whimsical Winter Wonderland
- More Earthquakes Keep Jolting North Texas -- Quakes Recorded Sunday, Monday Morning
- Frequent Earthquakes In North Texas Rattle Azle Residents In Epicenter
Wed July 17, 2013
Children's Medical Center #1 In Orthopedics, Other DFW Hospitals Nationally Ranked
U.S. News & World Report has released its annual hospital rankings, and several North Texas systems can boast nationally recognized specialties. But Children’s Medical Center in Dallas has something special to brag about, a number one ranking in pediatric orthopedics.
Four DFW hospital systems are nationally ranked. Children’s medical center in 10 specialties, Baylor University Medical Center in seven, Cook Children’s Medical Center in Fort Worth has five nationally ranked specialties and UT Southwestern has four.
The top three specialties for each hospital are listed below. Click here to search the full list.
Children’s Medical Center
- #1 in pediatric orthopedics
- #14 in pediatric nephrology
- #16 in pediatric gastroenterology and GI surgery
Baylor University Medical Center
- #16 in gastroenterology and GI Surgery
- #18 in nephrology
- #22 in pulmonology
Cook Children’s Medical Center
- #24 in pediatric neonatology
- #30 in pediatric nephrology
- #31 in pediatric diabetes and endocrinology
- #18 in neurology and neurosurgery
- #21 in urology
- #29 in gynecology