Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here Are 39 Things You Should Do In Texas Before You Die
- How The 'Lost Copy' Of The Declaration Of Independence Landed In The Dallas Library
- North Texas Student Under Fire For Hunting And Killing Animals In Africa
- Dallas County Makes Plans To Welcome 2,000 Immigrant Children
- Target's No-Gun Request Won't Affect Open Carry Texas, Spokesman Says
Wed March 20, 2013
Back To The Starting Line For DPD In Lake Highlands Sexual Assaults Investigation
DNA evidence has cleared the suspect arrested by Dallas Police in the first of three sexual assaults in the same Lake Highlands neighborhood.
Dallas Police Major Jeff Cotner says the DNA from the February 22nd attack at a Ferndale home does not belong to Fernando Munoz. He says that does not necessarily mean the same person is responsible for all three attacks.
“I don’t know if it’s a serial rapist," Cotner told reporters. "I have three unsolved offenses in the Lake Highlands area roughly within a month. They’re all related in that they’re sexual assault offenses. It’s yet to be determined if it’s the same person that’s responsible.”
Cotner says there are some differences in the description by victims. He says detectives have received several calls on a special tip line, and investigators are working all-out to solve these cases.