Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Dallas Is The Worst Outdoor City In America, Outside Magazine Declares
- 15 Amazing Things You Should Know About Texas Bluebonnets
- Hot, Hot, Hot: In Dallas And Fort Worth, One In 10 Homes Sells Within Just 72 Hours
- Night Owls (And Vampires) Rejoice: Watch The ‘Blood Moon,’ A Lunar Eclipse (Video)
- Cheers! Meet The Brewmasters Behind The North Texas Craft Beer Craze
Fri May 10, 2013
ATF Arrested Volunteer EMS Worker From West
McLennan County officials are providing additional details about the arrest of a volunteer EMS worker from West who has been charged with possessing a destructive device.
Heidi White, an employee at the McLennan County Jail, says
thirty-one year old Bryce Reed was arrested by federal ATF officers Thursday following a complaint from the U.S. Marshals Service.
Reed was held at the county jail until this morning then released to ATF.
The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) announced it is joining McLennan County in launching a criminal investigation into the April 17 explosion at the West fertilizer plant that killed 15.
Reed reportedly delivered a eulogy at the memorial service of one of the first responders who died in the blast.
DPS and other law enforcement have not commented on whether Reed is suspected of involvement with the explosion.