Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- ICE BLOG: Some Schools Still Closed; Some Freeways Still Covered With Ice; The Sun Is Back!
- Whatever Happened To Marina Oswald?
- 11 Ways We're Turning The Nasty Ice Storm Into A Whimsical Winter Wonderland
- Frequent Earthquakes In North Texas Rattle Azle Residents In Epicenter
- What’s Causing Texas Earthquakes? SMU Study Explores Injection Wells From Drilling
Fri May 10, 2013
ATF Arrested Volunteer EMS Worker From West
McLennan County officials are providing additional details about the arrest of a volunteer EMS worker from West who has been charged with possessing a destructive device.
Heidi White, an employee at the McLennan County Jail, says
thirty-one year old Bryce Reed was arrested by federal ATF officers Thursday following a complaint from the U.S. Marshals Service.
Reed was held at the county jail until this morning then released to ATF.
The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) announced it is joining McLennan County in launching a criminal investigation into the April 17 explosion at the West fertilizer plant that killed 15.
Reed reportedly delivered a eulogy at the memorial service of one of the first responders who died in the blast.
DPS and other law enforcement have not commented on whether Reed is suspected of involvement with the explosion.