Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here Are 39 Things You Should Do In Texas Before You Die
- Five Guys Get Stuck In A Truck On An Icy Highway
- It's Patrick Vs. Dewhurst In Lt. Gov. Runoff; Huffines Knocks Carona Out Of State Senate
- What Does The Fox Say? Meet Two Foxes Hanging Out By The KERA Studios
- Greg Abbott Faces Law School Friend As Plaintiff In Same-Sex Marriage Suit
Wed April 11, 2012
Arlington Mayor Thanks FBI for Arrest in Plot on His Life
Arlington Mayor Robert Cluck was greeted warmly by fellow mayors at a news conference this morning on regional water conservation. The mayor confirmed he was a target in a murder for hire plot.
In a brief statement, Mayor Cluck said measures were taken by the FBI for his safety and that of attorney Tom Brandt. The Mayor says some security measures remain in place even though strip club owner Ryan Grant is under arrest. Grant is the owner of Flashdancer Cabaret.
Federal affidavits say Grant tried to hire someone from Mexico to kill the two officials after the city moved to permanently close the strip club. Mayor Cluck says the FBI told him about the plot Monday morning. The Mayor expressed his gratitude for the good work of law enforcement.