Most Active Stories
- Motorola Chooses Fort Worth For New U.S.-Made Phone
- AP: Top Obama Officials Use Secret Email Accounts
- TAB Wants Perry To Veto Bill That Reduced Number of Year End Tests
- Tornado Safe Room Rebate Program Expected To Draw Slew Of Online Applications
- North Texas Nurses Gain New Freedom To Treat Patients
Wed April 11, 2012
Arlington Mayor Thanks FBI for Arrest in Plot on His Life
Arlington Mayor Robert Cluck was greeted warmly by fellow mayors at a news conference this morning on regional water conservation. The mayor confirmed he was a target in a murder for hire plot.
In a brief statement, Mayor Cluck said measures were taken by the FBI for his safety and that of attorney Tom Brandt. The Mayor says some security measures remain in place even though strip club owner Ryan Grant is under arrest. Grant is the owner of Flashdancer Cabaret.
Federal affidavits say Grant tried to hire someone from Mexico to kill the two officials after the city moved to permanently close the strip club. Mayor Cluck says the FBI told him about the plot Monday morning. The Mayor expressed his gratitude for the good work of law enforcement.