Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- ICE BLOG: As North Texas Warms Up, Costs Of Storm Pile Up; Is Another Blast Of Arctic Air Coming?
- 'Moguls For Cars:' What’s This Cobblestone Ice That’s Covering North Texas Roads?
- 11 Ways We're Turning The Nasty Ice Storm Into A Whimsical Winter Wonderland
- More Earthquakes Keep Jolting North Texas -- Quakes Recorded Sunday, Monday Morning
- Whatever Happened To Marina Oswald?
Fri September 27, 2013
Are You Eligible For Health Care Subsidies? Find Out Fast With This Calculator
More than two million Texans may qualify for insurance subsidies under the Affordable Care Act. But many have no idea they’re eligible. We've got a calculator, so you don't have to do the math.
Starting October 1st millions of people in Texas will be able to shop and sign up for health insurance online at healthcare.gov. And while awareness of the health exchange marketplace is growing, a majority of people don’t know subsidy assistance is available.
In Texas, an estimated 2.6 million people will be eligible for government tax credits to offset the cost of healthcare.
There are a few variables that go into determining eligibility, but you don’t have to try and calculate everything by yourself! The Kaiser Family Foundation created a subsidy calculator to help you figure out if you’re eligible.
And you can find more information on how to get coverage at HealthCare.gov or CuidadoDeSalud.gov. You can also call (800) 318-2596. Hearing impaired callers using TTY/TDD technology can dial 1-855-889-4325 for assistance.
*Remember, subsidies are only available for people purchasing coverage on their own in the exchange (not through an employer).