Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- ICE BLOG: Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge Reopens; Some Schools Closed; A Warmup Today
- 'Moguls For Cars:' What’s This Cobblestone Ice That’s Covering North Texas Roads?
- 11 Ways We're Turning The Nasty Ice Storm Into A Whimsical Winter Wonderland
- Whatever Happened To Marina Oswald?
- More Earthquakes Keep Jolting North Texas -- Quakes Recorded Sunday, Monday Morning
Thu September 27, 2012
American Airlines Ratchets Up Heat On Pilots
American Airlines says it’s serious about taking pilots to court if, as the company claims, they continue to disrupt flights. And if that happens, the pilots union could be fined millions.
Contract talks between American and pilots have broken down.
American says it has had to cancel flights and experienced massive flight delays because pilots have increased sick days and maintenance complaints.
American spokesman Bruce Hicks calls many of the complaints ludicrous.
Hicks says the airline is prepared to ask a court for an injunction ordering pilots to cease disruptions.
The Allied Pilots Association denies there is an organized sickout.