Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- ICE BLOG: As North Texas Warms Up, Costs Of Storm Pile Up; Is Another Blast Of Arctic Air Coming?
- 'Moguls For Cars:' What’s This Cobblestone Ice That’s Covering North Texas Roads?
- 11 Ways We're Turning The Nasty Ice Storm Into A Whimsical Winter Wonderland
- More Earthquakes Keep Jolting North Texas -- Quakes Recorded Sunday, Monday Morning
- Whatever Happened To Marina Oswald?
Tue January 22, 2013
3 Hurt In Community College Shooting North Of Houston
Updated, 2:40 p.m.: Lone Star College's North Harris campus near Houston has been evacuated and closed for the day, according to the community college's website.
Updated, 2:26 p.m.: Three people have been injured in a shooting Tuesday at Lone Star College's North Harris campus near Houston, a police spokesman said.
One person has been taken into custody, the spokesman said. Officials told the Houston Chronicle that a second shooter was on the run.
One other development: Four nearby public schools were placed on lockdown as a precaution.
Our original post:
Shots have reportedly been fired on a community college campus in the suburbs north of Houston.
The website of Lone Star College has an alert urging students and faculty at the college's North Harris campus to shelter in place, a little more than a month after a gunman killed 20 children and six adults in Newtown, Conn.